Monday, June 24, 2013

Forever grateful to Pakkred

Today was an amazing, though emotional day!  The nannies and teachers at Pakkred Babies Home clearly loved our son deeply while he lived there and they remembered him immediately!  Max was the talk of the babies home as it spread from one area to the other that "Thanakorn is here!!"  They all commented on how handsome is and couldn't wait to hug him.  What do you say to the people who raised your son before you could?  My words felt so inadequate.  I am so thankful we had this time to visit with them and show them how well Max is doing.  This will be a memory the three of us have for a life time!


I told Max, it seems like just yesterday we took the exact same picture as we drove up to meet him for the very first time.



Mae Sim was the head of House 7 when Max was there (the house where Max lived when he was 3).  She and Max were very close and Max remembers her very well.


The sweet nanny who cared for Max in the clinic after his cleft surgery.  She told us a great story about Max sneaking a bottle of milk he wasn't supposed to have after the procedure :)


Max's favorite teacher, Kru Tong (he taught Max preschool).



Sweet Phanu, the little boy Lek now takes care of.





Of course Max found a way to fit some baseball in!

After our visit we made our way to Pattaya and we are now in the same city as Ellie!  At 10am tomorrow morning, the orphanage director will be here to come pick us up and take us to meet her.  I can't believe I will finally see her face to face!  Tonight it was the strangest feeling packing the bag with her things, surreal almost.  Those of you that have been journeying with us since our trip to bring Max home might remember the picture I posted of the toothbrushes.  Well...tonight it happened again :)

 
I get a little teary eyed at the site of four toothbrushes (including one very cute pink one!) sitting together on the counter!  Stephen and I have been blessed beyond what he have ever thought to ask for.  Our God is so good!!! 

Ellie will stay one more night at the orphanage tomorrow, but I will post picture tomorrow of our day spent together!!

6 comments:

Robyn Carr said...

I can't wait for tomorrow's post!! And, I got teary eyed at the toothbrushes.... <3

Joey.and.Ashley said...

I remember the excitement and anticipation that your toothbrush post inspired for my own adoption the last time I was following your blog! So happy for your four-toothbrush family!!

excitedtobeafamily said...

I love the toothbrushes! So excited for your family! I can't wait to see your first family picture of 4!

Brazenlilly said...

I have butterflies FOR you! Praying that tomorrow is everything you hope for, and that Ellie's heart will be calm and she will feel your love right away! So happy it is finally the day! -Jen T.

JC Joines said...

I was simply amazed at the maturity of Max in those pictures. It is no doubt, he is appreciative of what that home did for him and that he wants to help and will most likely forever, will strive to pay them back for their blessings not only to him, but others. Simply amazing!!

chaniemom said...

I've got the tingles all over for you and your daughter and your whole family! How exciting! I remember I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep the night before we were first meeting our daughter.