Saturday, March 26, 2011

GENIUS!!!!!

So, I know that this tends to me a common theme of our blog, but our Max is so darn smart! We've been working lately on writing his name. Thought this might be a good place to start with preschool coming in the fall. Its only really been a few days, and so far, its mainly been me standing next to him saying "ok, now make a straight line up, now down, around".....and so on. We were really happy with the little bit of progress we felt he was making and figured we'd keep working on it through out the summer. Well, the other night we really got a surprise! Max was drawing on his magnet board while Stephen and I were watching a movie. All of a sudden Max yells....."LOOK!!!" and sure enough....he had written his name, all by himself, without any prompting or help from us! He was so proud of himself. We all danced around the living room as Max yelled "I did it, I did it!" It was such a fun family moment!!! And, of course, we had to snap a picture!

No comments: