Monday, December 1, 2008

Our first taste of Thailand!


Well, I have to admit, I was nervous to try Thai food for the first time, I'm just not very adventurous. But, the food was AWESOME! We went to dinner with our friends Bo and Sarah and their adorable baby Brody when we were up in Ohio, and we had a great time. I can't remember the name of the dishes themselves, but there were noodles and chicken and broccoli (that really narrows it down doesn't it!) When we got back into town, we checked out another Thai restaurant here locally with my parents, brother, sister-in-law and nephew (also absolutely adorable!). I was feeling brave and ordered a dish I normally would never had tried. This time.......not so much. I didn't like it at all. So, if any of you have any recommendations of what to order next time, let us know. It was just fun to be in the environment. Of course, we know that a Thai restaurant in the US is likely nothing like what we'll experience when we travel to Thailand, but it was still neat!

When we got back from our trip (which by the way was great!), we had a big packet waiting for us from the agency. We hadn't planned to hear anything for another week, so we were really excited. Of course, it was filled with another stack of forms to be filled out........and a rather large bill :( But, we knew that was coming. Right now we are concentrating on getting together all of our "vital records" (birth certificates and marriage license) Once we get the official records, we then have to send them off to the state of origin to be authenticated. I'm also going to get my passport and we'll need to get our physicals redone and more of that kind of stuff. We've been super blessed that all of the money that we put into our home study for the domestic adoption has carried over, so we only needed to pay a little more on top of that to add the extra stuff for international.

So, that's where we're at, papers, papers and more papers. We put up our tree today, and I keep thinking that this time next year we could be so very close to having our baby! Now I just need to pray for patience!!!! God Bless.

No comments: